Thursday, January 5, 2012

Late Nights and Early Mornings

Life is a 'B' movie, it isn't terrible, it isn't perfect, but it has a story. My story like many others is a series of climactic points that has peaks between valleys of quiet, sometimes boring normalcy. Like many I live a fairly 'normal' life, I get up, walk the dog, go to work, go to the gym, go out and visit with friends, or stay in with a book, film, or video game. But lately, there seems to be a more rapid succession of peaks with short periods of valleys.

So I'm taking 'steps' as they say to re-evaluate my situation, work on my feelings, my needs, my desires, and my goals. Some may call it selfish, some may call it unnecessary, but you have to love yourself and be happy with yourself before you can share yourself with others. I feel as something is missing, lacking or unfulfilled as I go about my daily routines. Perhaps it's a lingering need that I have never fulfilled with myself, perhaps it's remnant of my insecurities from my adolescent years jabbing at my psyche and shaking me up a bit.

I know many of us in this day and age have issues with our appearance, weight, financial status, sexual identities, and even what we are going to do with our lives. I admit I am one of them. So to fix this I am trying to get what I think I really want. I have a great job that is rewarding and I get a chance to help others, but I am working on advancing my position by taking on new projects out of my daily routine to be able to support the life I want to live. I am making goals for exercising and eating/drinking healthier to help my issues with my appearance. Yet the biggest move I am trying to make is to stop trying to fix other people's problems. I know I am a great person, and I love helping people whenever I can, but I have to worry about fixing myself before I can be a truly supportive person for others.

It's my time. It's a new year and hell the world is suppose to be ending before my 28th birthday.


So as it stands, it's my time


and


'Tomorrow belongs to me'

No comments:

Post a Comment